Cancer is one of the most common diseases that the modern humankind is facing across the world. With the ever-increasing cases of cancer across the world, people are becoming more aware about the common cancer types and prevention tips for the same. In this post, we will guide you through the common types of cancer and how to prevent the same
Types of Cancer
As per a recent study report, it is estimated that over 11 million people in the United States alone are diagnosed with some form of cancer. As a matter of fact, there are over 200 types of cancer. Still, most of them are quite rare. Some of the most common types of cancer that people around the globe are diagnosed from time to time are:
- Non-melanoma Skin Cancer: This type of cancer is known to affect over 1 million people every year. It is the form that could occur in any part of the body in skin cells –most commonly to the skin area that is directly exposed to sunlight. There are different types of skin cancer –squamous cell skin cancer, basal cell skin cancer, and so more
- Breast Cancer: Next to skin cancer, breast cancer is the most commonly occurring type of cancer in the United States. Every year, around 268,600 new cases arise in the United States alone with women suffering from different stages of this cancer
- Lung Cancer: Cases related to lung cancer are also on the rise quite recently. Lung cancer is known to affect the inner linings of the lungs. Primarily, there are two types of lung cancer –non-small cell lung cancer and small cell lung cancer.
- Prostate Cancer: It is one of the most common types of cancer affecting men across the world –mostly men above the age of 50 years. The prostate gland is a portion of the reproductive system in men. Prostate cancer is known to develop in the tissues located inside the prostate gland.
Cancer Prevention Tips
The good news is that by implementing some basic lifestyle changes, you can easily prevent cancer. Here are some common tips:
- Avoid Tobacco: Any type of tobacco consumption is known to aggravate the situation corresponding to cancer. Studies have linked the consumption of tobacco with common types of cancer –including mouth, lung, throat, stomach, and so more. Therefore, by limiting or avoiding the intake of tobacco altogether can help in minimizing the risk of developing cancer in the long run.
- Adopt a Healthy Diet: While eating healthy might not guarantee cancer prevention, it can still limit the overall risks. Therefore, you should aim at including abundant fruits & vegetables in your diet. At the same time, you should also avoid obesity by adopting a healthier and fitter lifestyle. Limit the consumption of processed meats.
Cancer is common, yet preventable. With easy lifestyle modifications, you can look forward to preventing cancer easily. For more cancer prevention tips and treatment solutions, Maheshwara Medical College and Hospitals is a leading institution in Telangana offering world-class results.